Saturday, July 17, 2004

Day +1

Mike phones me at 6:30am asking when I'm coming to the hospital.  He wants his pajama pants and some nuts to eat...at least that's what I think he said--it was way too early! 
 
I arrived at the hospital around 8am and found him eating his breakfast.  He tells me that he had a rough night and didn't get much sleep.  He was having bouts of diarreah.  He has minor nose bleeds and his mouth and nasal passage is very dry.  We informed the doctors of this and they will be bringing in a humidifier in his room to keep the air moist.  He doesn't have any stomach cramps this morning, but does have a slight headache.  He's tired today.
 
The docs will administer Methotrexate to Mike today.  In addition to FK 506, these meds are to prevent graft versus host disease.
 
Less than a week in the hospital, he's already homesick and wants to go home.  There's nothing more that I want to do than to take him home...but we have to wait for another month or so. 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home